Kellogg Middle School
790 Bunker Avenue
Kellogg ID 83837
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGES
TO THE KELLOGG MIDDLE SCHOOL ATHLETIC POLICY:
- Beginning with the 2019-2020 school year, 7th & 8th grade KMS athletes will be required to have a physical examination BEFORE they may participate in any KMS athletic activity. Physicals are optional for 6th graders participating in cross country, wrestling and track.
- There are 2 local sports physical clinics being offered:
- Heritage Health in Kellogg, August 7th from 8:00-10:00 AM. Cost is $25 and proceeds will be donated to KHS athletics.
- SMC Family Medicine in Smeltervile, August 14th from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This is a free clinic.
- The required physical examination form can be found here: KMS Documents The form will also be available at both clinics.
- The form and proof of health insurance must be returned to the KMS office before the first day of practice. KMS Volleyball and Cross Country teams will hold their first practice on the 2nd day of school.
Applications for free & reduced price meals may be submitted any time throughout the school year. To apply, an application is available at your child's school or the district office. It can also be found on the Nutrition Services website here:
All applications are strictly confidential and only viewed by the school lunch director. The applications are protected to prevent any kind of discrimination or breach of confidentiality.
Kellogg Middle School has been an Accredited School since 1988, a Merit School since 2000 and was an Exemplary School from 1998-1999 and again from 2000-2004.
Merit status is awarded to schools that show they significantly exceed the State Accreditation Standards and the status is awarded for two years.
Exemplary status is awarded to schools with a program which serves as a pattern or example, conforming to an ultimate form of excellence.
Snow or Ice Storm Closure Information
Students and parents can check the latest snow (or ice storm) closure information by calling 208-786-2071 or by checking the KSD home page. If schools are closed, this is the first place it will be announced.
As Americorp VISTA members, working as volunteer coordinators, we are striving to create a community wide volunteer program that will work with, and serve local students. We are establishing a volunteer program, Valley Volunteers! We know that volunteers bring unique talents and skills that are needed in our community and in our school district. Attached is a link to our Valley Volunteer Contact Form. This will allow us to contact you, find your interests, and to connect you with the perfect volunteer task.
We look forward to working with you as part of our team of people who desire to produce a positive culture change in our community!
Please visit our website~ https://valleyvolunteers.kelloggschools.org/
Susan Hall email@example.com
Shayleen Jerome firstname.lastname@example.org